Q. What are the qualifying criteria for participation in H2 Innovate?
Qualifying Startups are leading Series A perimeter companies scaling up in large global markets. Candidate companies will be referred into the platform via our program partners and H2 Members.
Q. What are the core program offering components and engagement model for Startups?
Our program offers listing and platform services consisting of the following:
- Startup Listing: targeted exposure via Startup Listing and company profile distribution across H2 network
- Advisor Platform: curated access to the right advisors at the right time based on company needs
- Funding Platform: ability to surface relevant investment opportunities to prospective investors
Once referred, selected Startups will be contacted and invited to complete registration for a Startup Listing and schedule a program onboarding call, during which time objectives can be discussed and established for engagement in our Advisor Platform and Funding Platform offerings.
Q. What does a Startup Listing provide to participating Startups?
Our Startup Listing feature provides valuable targeted exposure across the H2 member and partner network globally through the following:
- Online Exposure: exposure via H2 website homepage and within H2 Connect mobile application, providing strong visibility within the network
- Network Newsletter: visibility via H2's monthly newsletter including distribution across its member and partner community globally
- Program Communications: program specific updates targeting participating Advisors and H2's Investor Network
Q. What does the Advisor Platform offer participating Startups?
Our Advisor Platform offers the following unique features for participating Startups:
- Advisor Network: top execs and entrepreneurs from H2’s member network, residing in major technology hubs across the US, Europe, Asia, and Latin America
- Matching Model: optimized to facilitate targeted engagement with multiple Advisors around one or more relevant Advisory Areas
- Briefing Calls: regular touchpoints with H2 Innovate team to track program engagement and facilitate best possible matches with Advisors
Q. What types of matched Advisory Sessions supported?
A combination of Standard Sessions and On-Demand Sessions are utilized over the Startup's engagement period to meet objectives as follows:
- Standard Sessions: Advisory Sessions between Startups and Advisors resulting from regular program matching cycles; designed to focus on one or more target Advisory Areas
- On-Demand Sessions: Startup Led (initiated by Startups) or Advisor Led (initiated by an Advisor) held on an ad hoc basis (e.g. around a specific and/or time-sensitive issue) between program matching cycles
Q. What are the target Advisory Areas? How does a Startup Needs Profile work?
A Startup "needs profile" will be utilized to obtain information on priority needs for Advisor Matching purposes, across the following Advisory Areas that represent key growth-related focus areas for Startups:
- Customer Development
- International Markets
- Monetization & Revenue Growth
- Platforms & Channel Marketing
- Product Strategy
- Talent & Team Development
- User Growth & Engagement
For startups engaged in international market development activities, they can identify specific target markets of interest across all major technology markets spanning the US, Europe, Asia, and Latin America regions for Advisor Matching purposes.
Q. What does the Funding Platform offer participating Startups?
Our Funding Platform offers participating Startups of our Advisor Platform further support via valuable connectivity to prospective investors within the H2 network, including:
- Business Angels: top execs and entrepreneurs from H2’s member network, residing in major technology hubs across the US, Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
- Institutional Funds: leading early to growth stage funds, including those participating in H2’s Investor Network
Introductions are directly made between interested Advisors and Startups on an ongoing basis, allowing for Startups to engage 1:1 to discuss relevant opportunities and mutual interest/fit.
Q. What are Global Tracks?
H2 Innovate utilizes the concept of Global Tracks consisting of priority industry sectors around which to develop its program community and Startup representation globally. Initial supported Global Tracks include:
Health & Fitness
Media & Entertainment
Q. How does program participation for a Startup work?
Qualifying companies are invited to complete our online registration flow, activating an Innovate Startup Profile. An initial onboarding call is then scheduled to review and confirm target objectives and program engagement terms, covering the following:
- Engagement Period: 12 months (default length)
- Advisor Platform: 12 hours of cumulative advisory support (default target)
- Funding Platform: ongoing introductions (as appropriate)
- Support Services: monthly briefing call
Q. What are the program cycles for participation in H2 Innovate?
Enrollment for companies nominated by program partners takes place on a calendar quarter basis throughout the year. Following our program launch in Q2 2018, we are currently engaged in Phase I activities working with an initial set of Startups and Advisors.
Q. I am interested in learning more about Startup participation on the platform. What is the right next step?
Please take a few minutes to complete our Startup Inquiry Form, noting your referring H2 Member or Partner. A member of the H2 Innovate team will review submitted information and be in touch to follow up.
Q. What are the core program offering components for Advisors?
Participation in H2 Innovate offers Advisors (opted-in H2 Members) unique opportunities to support top emerging companies on a flexible time-commitment basis, including the following components:
- Qualified Startup Pool: leading early to growth-stage startups globally referred in through H2’s members and partner network of leading funds
- Targeted & Flexible Engagement: ability to engage multiple startups across target advisory areas on a matched and flexible time-commitment basis; low baseline starting time commitment
- Program Credits: program participation builds credits towards additional opportunities and engagement points in Phase II
- Funding Opportunities: ability to evaluate relevant investment opportunities via Funding Platform
Q. How do I refer qualifying Startups for participation on the platform?
For companies you believe are a fit, you can direct them to our H2 Innovate - h2.co/innovate page and nominate them for participation by writing email@example.com. Once we review and confirm fit against our qualifying criteria, we will then follow up to hold a short orientation call with each company towards participation in our next enrollment cycle.
Q. How do I view participating Startups that are seeking engagement with prospective advisors and/or investors?
Profiles of participating Startups on the H2 Innovate platform may be viewed as follows:
- Homepage - h2.co: our Featured Startups tab provides Startup Profile Cards of all participating Startups on an individual basis (from the left hand bar) and by geography (click on any pin on our map)
- Startup Search - h2.co/innovate/startups: our Startup Search page provides the ability to view and filter companies by Sector, Location, Stage, and/or Global Track
Startup Profiles contained additional company level detail may be viewed by clicking on the company name from any Startup Profile from these pages. H2 Advisors will be able to view additional information in support confirming interest/fit to support a Startup through our Advisor Platform and/or Funding Platform offerings.
Q. I am interested in learning more about Advisor participation on the platform as an opted-in H2 Member. What is the right next step?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information to opt-in as an H2 Advisor and set up an onboarding call