H2’s operating model is supported through its member Chapters, situated in major technology markets worldwide. Designed as a federation of communities with a common global backbone, H2 Chapters provide support for both local and global programs and organizational initiatives. Each Chapter is led by two Global Chapter Chairs providing local leadership and organizational support, working closely with its headquarters team based in Silicon Valley.
H2’s global membership consists of senior executives, entrepreneurs, and domain experts from leading startups and top global firms in major technology markets (H2 Chapters) worldwide. Our member network reflects strong collective representation and experience from prominent private and public firms globally. Representative companies by category include:
- Emerging Startups: 99 Taxis, iflix, Movile, Oyo Rooms, Postmates, RedMart, Udemy, Wego, Wibbitz
- Category Leaders: Airbnb, Dropbox, Freshdesk, Houzz, King.com, Movile, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Wooga
- Major Global Firms: Amazon, Google, eBay, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tencent, Twitter, Yahoo!
Membership in H2 is on a referral and chapter approval basis only, and members within its trusted network of peers share a common profile, set of benefits, and code.
- Founder/CEO or COO: of top private startup with at least a significant Series A investment from a top VC firm - or -
- CxO/VP: leading core product or business function of leading digital media growth company - or -
- Regional MD: of leading digital media multinational (MNC) company with P-n-L responsibility - and -
- Experience: 8+ years (min) operating experience including 5+ years in leadership roles with increasing responsibility
- Connections: build connectivity to global community of industry influencers and market leaders across major innovation centers
- Learning: participate in open idea exchange with peers to drive insights around company growth themes, leadership topics and industry trends
- Support: advise and support entrepreneurs and high-growth companies in leading startup ecosystems around the world
- Support: support for requests made by peer members within the global network, as appropriate
- Engagement: participation in member programs and maintaining current H2 member profile
- Trust: respect for confidentiality and potentially sensitive information, including adhering to the Chatham House Rule in Chapter Forums
H2 employs the concept of a digital domain "map" as a guiding framework for developing its member network, program, and content models. Our current map includes the following dimensions and related focus areas:
- Regions: NORTH AMERICA - United States, Canada; LATIN AMERICA - Brazil, Mexico, Argentina; EMEA - UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Africa, Russia, Middle East; ASIA - China, India, Japan, Korea, Australia/New Zealand, Southeast Asia
- Sectors: Advertising, Big Data, Business Services, Commerce, Communications, Connected Devices, Delivery Services, Education, Fashion, Financial Services, Gaming, Health & Fitness, Legal, Location, Marketplaces, Media & Entertainment, Messaging, Mobile, Mobility, Music, Payments, Productivity, Publishing, Retail, Security, Social, Ticketing, Transportaion, Travel, Video
- Competencies: PRODUCT SIDE - Product Management, Engineering, UI/UX, Platform, Data, Social, Monetization, International; BUSINESS SIDE - Revenue, International, Business Development, Corporate Development, Marketing, Legal
- Stages: Seed, Early, Growth, Public
- Platforms: Web, Mobile