H2’s operating model is supported through its member Chapters, situated in major technology markets worldwide. Designed as a federation of communities with a common global backbone, H2 Chapters provide support for both local and global programs and organizational initiatives. Each Chapter is led by two Global Chapter Chairs providing local leadership and organizational support, working closely with its headquarters team based in Silicon Valley.
Current global H2 chapters include Berlin, China, India, London, New York, Sao Paulo, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Tel Aviv and Tokyo.
H2’s global membership consists of senior executives, entrepreneurs, and domain experts from leading startups and top global firms in major technology markets (H2 Chapters) worldwide. Our member network reflects strong collective representation and experience from prominent private and public firms globally. Representative companies by category include:
- Emerging Startups: 99 Taxis, iflix, Movile, Oyo Rooms, Postmates, RedMart, Udemy, Wego, Wibbitz
- Category Leaders: Airbnb, Dropbox, Freshdesk, Houzz, King.com, Movile, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Wooga
- Major Global Firms: Amazon, Google, eBay, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tencent, Twitter, Yahoo!
Membership in H2 is on a referral and chapter approval basis only, and members within its trusted network of peers share a common profile, set of benefits, and code.
- Founder/CEO: of top private startup with at least significant Series A investment - or -
- Regional MD: of leading global growth-stage MNC with PnL responsibility - or -
- CxO/VP: of major corporate with significant exec leadership experience in a business, product or innovation function - and -
- Experience: 8+ years (min) operating experience including 5+ years in leadership roles with increasing responsibility
- Leadership: develop insights around industry leadership and company growth themes to inform playbook development
- Network: access trusted relationships with diverse set of industry leaders, domain experts and investors on a global basis
- Support: foster growth of emerging innovators and companies via mentoring, advising and investing opportunities
- Resources: utilize online resources and community tools to tap relevant connections within global member community
- Partners: connect with partner organizations for relevant company services, product offerings and/or introductions
- Support: support for requests made by peer members within the global network, as appropriate
- Engagement: participation in member programs and maintaining current H2 member profile
- Trust: respect for confidentiality and potentially sensitive information, including adhering to the Chatham House Rule in Chapter Forums
H2 employs the concept of a digital domain "map" as a guiding framework for developing its member network, program, and content models. Our current map includes the following dimensions and related focus areas:
- Regions: NORTH AMERICA - United States, Canada; LATIN AMERICA - Brazil, Mexico, Argentina; EMEA - UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Africa, Russia, Middle East; ASIA - China, India, Japan, Korea, Australia/New Zealand, Southeast Asia
- Sectors: Advertising, Big Data, Business Services, Commerce, Communications, Connected Devices, Delivery Services, Education, Fashion, Financial Services, Gaming, Health & Fitness, Legal, Location, Marketplaces, Media & Entertainment, Messaging, Mobile, Mobility, Music, Payments, Productivity, Publishing, Retail, Security, Social, Ticketing, Transportaion, Travel, Video
- Competencies: PRODUCT SIDE - Product Management, Engineering, UI/UX, Platform, Data, Social, Monetization, International; BUSINESS SIDE - Revenue, International, Business Development, Corporate Development, Marketing, Legal
- Stages: Seed, Early, Growth, Public
- Platforms: Web, Mobile