Overview | Past Forums | Guidelines
H2 Forums convene leaders in the H2 community for trusted discussions around leading scaleups and company growth themes in a small group setting. Held throughout the year in every H2 Chapter, these unique sessions facilitate valuable industry connections, learning, and support opportunities across H2's global network.
Agenda & Segments
Hosted quarterly in each H2 Chapter, the default agenda and segments for Chapter Forums (approximately 2 hours in length) are as follows:
- Reception - 30 min
- Welcome - 10 min; kickoff and participant intros
- Discussion - 30-45 min inc Q&A; fireside or panel w/ Speakers
- Community - 30 min round robin
- Close & Networking
Speaker profiles include Founder/CEOs of leading scaleup companies affiliated with each of H2's Chapter communities. The Discussion segment covers company journey highlights and selected challenges/opportunities with participation from 1-2 Speakers (company slides recommended/optional). The Community segment includes a round robin covering updates/needs/leads across Forum participants. Chapter Forums are supported by Session Hosts (H2 members) who serve as co-Speakers and are by default held in H2 member/partner offices that offer appropriate space on a rotating basis.
Forum participation is on an invitation only basis and designed for participants affiliated with the H2 community, targeting 15-20 (capped) participants, including the following:
- H2 Members: industry leaders from local H2 Chapter
- Speakers: invited Founder/CEOs of leading scaleup companies, Session Host (moderator)
- Guests: nominated external industry leaders and founders
- Partner(s): collaborating H2 partner/sponsor (e.g. VC, corporate, ecosystem)
H2 Forums follow Chatham House Rule to promote trusted exchange and open conversations and operate on either a self pay or Chapter supported basis. Forum sessions are supported by a Session Host (H2 member) on a rotating basis and may include participation from a Partner organization (see below).
Chapter Forums are organized by Session Hosts (H2 members) on a rotating basis with operational support from Global and Chapter Directors. Core planning activities typically center around the following:
- Speaker(s): selection of and engagement with invited Speakers
- Venue: selection of appropriate space including H2 member/partner offices
- Partner(s): engagement with any collaborating H2 partners/sponsors (optional)
Session Hosts serve as co-Speakers/moderator for the Discussion Segment. Invited Speaker profiles include Founder/CEOs of leading scaleup companies affiliated with each of H2's Chapter communities.
Forums may involve collaborations with H2 partners/sponsors via an allocation of Guest seats for affiliated leaders and/or founders, providing connectivity between H2 and ecosystem communities. Partner organizations typically fall into one of the following categories:
- VC: emerging or established local, regional and global funds
- Corporate: major regional or global corporate
- Ecosystem: other ecosystem affiliated organizations (e.g. universities)
In addition to Forums, Socials are hosted at a Chapter level from time to time (e.g. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter) giving H2 members the opportunity to connect locally on an informal basis. These Chapter funds supported events are organized through collaborations between H2 Global, designated Social Hosts and any partner/sponsor organizations.