H2's membership consists of entrepreneurs and senior executives from leading startups and top global firms in major technology markets worldwide. Qualifying criteria for membership consideration is as follows:
- Founder/CEO: of top private startup with at least significant Series A investment - or -
- Regional MD: of leading global growth-stage MNC with PnL responsibility - or -
- CxO/VP: of major corporate with significant exec leadership experience in a business, product or innovation function - and -
- Experience: 8+ years (min) operating experience including 5+ years in leadership roles with increasing responsibility
CURRENT: BERLIN | CHINA | INDIA | LONDON | NEW YORK | SAO PAULO | SILICON VALLEY | SINGAPORE | TEL AVIV | TOKYO
EXPANSION: BUENOS AIRES | CAPE TOWN | DUBAI | LOS ANGELES | MEXICO CITY | NORDICS | PARIS | SEOUL | SYDNEY | TORONTO
Qualifying individuals interested in membership opportunities with one of our Chapters may submit a Member Inquiry for consideration. Current members may submit a Member Nomination for qualifying candidates.
Profile information submitted will be jointly evaluated by our Global and Chapter-level teams to identify leading candidates, factoring in growth and diversity objectives, ahead of further engagement with prospects including a short 1:1 session with one of our Chapter Chairs or our Global team. Membership in H2 is on an invitation-only basis.
Expectations for new and renewing H2 members in active standing with one of our global Chapters include the following:
- Member Profile: professional profile as an active senior operator (Founder/CEO, Regional MD or CxO/VP and equivalent)
- Participation: participation in H2 programs (minimum 2 Forums per year) and maintaining registered H2 member profile
- Community: timely responses to introductions and inbound requests within the H2 community, including support where possible
- Nominations: contribution of qualifying member nominations across H2 Chapters; nomination of at least 2 profiles per year
Membership in H2 is subject to a review and renewal process at the end of every calendar year based on member engagement and/or member circumstances that may change from time to time. Membership renewals and transitions to alumni status will be issued and communicated by Global with support from Chapter Chairs on the basis of (but not limited to) member expectations as outlined above. In addition, changes in member circumstances (e.g. change in geography or professional profile) or code of conduct violations may trigger a change in or loss of membership status at any time.