In support of the next generation of global leaders in the technology industry, our Young Global Innovators initiative is designed for rising entrepreneurs and offers valuable leadership development opportunities with a strong global context through membership with H2.
Launched in 2020 with the support of Silicon Valley Bank and other leading organizations from H2's global partner network, the program involves a diverse global membership cohort of H2 members who are under the age of 40. Young Global Innovators are nominated by the H2 community and join as members of H2's global Chapters on an annual basis.
Our Young Global Innovators cohorts consist of a diverse set of H2 members and member companies situated across H2's Chapter network who share the following common attributes:
- Members: Founder/CEOs of leading post-Series A growth stage companies
- Companies: consumer and enterprise startups across a range of industry segments
- Qualifying Age: incoming members are under the age of 40 at the time of joining
2020 Global Cohort
H2 Sao Paulo
Extended membership benefits (in addition to general member benefits) for Young Global Innovators (YGI) are as follows:
- Network: build relationships with YGI cohort peers and other H2 members (senior operators) both locally and globally
- Learning: develop leadership playbooks to inform company growth strategies for scaling in large global markets
- Platform: utilize online resources, community tools and partner offerings to support engagement with global H2 community
Expectations for incoming Young Global Innovators include the following:
- Forums: participation in relevant Forums including quarterly YGI Forums during first two years of membership; includes speaking opportunities as appropriate
- Insights: engagement in global content initiatives aimed at sharing industry perspectives and thought leadership around entrepreneurship and innovation
- Leadership: evaluation of leadership opportunities with local Chapter or Global to get more involved with H2 community/initiatives in second year of membership
Timeline - 2020
- Sep 1 to Oct 30 - Nominations & Profile Review: Nominations for potential YGI Candidates received from H2 members and partners globally; profiles reviewed by Global and Chapter Chairs to identify Prospects
- Sep 10 to Nov 10 - Outreach & Invitations: Prospects are contacted to communicate Nominations and coordinate 1:1 session with Global including collection of additional profile information; formal Invitations sent to selected Prospects to establish global YGI cohort
- Oct 15 to Nov 15 - Onboarding: individual and group onboarding activities completed for new incoming members, leading into annual Global Summit activities
Young Global Innovators will be recognized at H2's annual Global Summit and participate in exclusive group activities during Summit Week.