In support of the next generation of global leaders in the technology industry, our Young Global Innovators initiative is designed for rising entrepreneurs and offers valuable leadership development opportunities with a strong global context through membership with H2.
Launched in 2020 with the support of Silicon Valley Bank and other leading organizations from H2's global partner network, the program involves a diverse global membership cohort of H2 members who are under the age of 40. Young Global Innovators are nominated by the H2 community and join as members of H2's global Chapters on an annual basis.
Our Young Global Innovators cohorts consist of a diverse set of H2 members and member companies who share the following common attributes:
- Members: Founder/CEOs of leading post-Series A growth stage companies
- Companies: consumer and enterprise startups across a range of industry segments
- Qualifying Age: incoming members are under the age of 40 at the time of joining
Extended membership benefits (in addition to general member benefits) for Young Global Innovators are as follows:
- Network: build relationships with cohort peers and other H2 members (senior operators) both locally and globally
- Learning: access proven leadership playbooks to inform company growth strategies, including regional and global expansion
- Platform: utilize online resources, community tools and partner offerings to support engagement with global H2 community
Expectations for incoming Young Global Innovators include the following:
- Participation: participate in local Chapter Forums and Young Global Innovators sessions (quarterly) during first two years of membership
- Leadership: explore leadership opportunities with local Chapter or Global to get more involved with H2 in second year of membership
Timeline - 2020
- Jun 1 to Aug 31 - Nominations: profiles nominated by H2 members and partners globally; candidates invited to submit additional profile information
- Aug 15 to Sep 15 - Review & Invitations: candidate profiles reviewed by Global and Chapter Chairs; formal invites sent to selected candidates to establish global cohort
- Sep 16 to 30 - Onboarding: initial onboarding activities completed for new incoming members, leading into annual Global Summit activities in October
Young Global Innovators will be recognized in October at H2's annual Global Summit and participate in exclusive group activities during Summit Week.